If your child is one year old now, you need to start organizing a meal plan. Although having vegetables on the menu is always a plus, you don’t need to forgo cholesterol and fat. All these ingredients are beneficial for your babies’ development.
Remember, there is no reason to worry as long as you can maintain a caloric intake of 1000. The baby won’t gain excessive weight if you can manage their diet.
In this article, we’ll discuss and outline an ideal meal and snack plan for your toddler. We’ll include all the essential nutrients because health is wealth.
What Should I Include?
You don’t need to overthink this part, let the baby indulge in the delicacies you prepare for the whole family. Provide food items that have a different texture from the four options available. The primary food groups are:
- Fruit and vegetable
- Meat and substitutes
- Grain items
- Milk and alternatives
Avoid adding any extra salt or sugar to the food you’re providing. You should attempt to incorporate high-fat items such as avocado, nut butter, salmon, and cheese.
Related Article: Prenatal Care Important for Mother and Baby
What Should I Give Them to Drink?
The answer to this question is quite straightforward; the best liquid beverage for any child is water. Provide water intermittently during snacks and meals. Besides, your one-year-old should also take sufficient breast meal.
Avoid any beverage that has excessive sugar like a sports drink, juice, pop, etc.
Model Meal Plan
Now we’ll discuss the ideal eating schedule and items for your baby. We divided this section into four essential categories, which are breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks.
You have plenty of options to choose from, and all the items are brimming with vital nutrients. So, without further ado, let’s have a look.
- First Option: You can chop cinnamon apples and put them on your oatmeal.
- Second Option: A banana pancake is easy to cook and delicious meal. All you need is one ripe banana, two tablespoons of wheat flour, and one egg. Adjust your stove in medium heating and cook for 3 minutes.
- Third Option: You can also strip your whole grain toasts. Remember, they’ll not have a decent taste unless you add nut butter, jelly, or fruit jelly.
- First Option: Prepare an egg (hard-boiled), have your grapes sliced, and add cubed butternut squash to the package.
- Second Option: Use whole-wheat tortillas, avocado (cubed), and cheddar cheese to cook a Quesadilla.
- Third Option: You may also include chicken or turkey (chopped and shredded). Don’t forget to add corn and black beans for added flavor.
- First Option: Take chicken tenders and grill them. Remember to use sweet potato fries (baked) and green beans.
- Second Option: You can prepare mini omelets and serve them with either toast, fruits, or vegetables.
- Third Option: Use ground beef, chicken or turkey, and add tomato sauce to prepare whole grain spaghetti. Adding mushrooms (soft-cooked) would enhance the flavor.
- First Option: Oatmeal or cereal mixed with milk.
- Second Option: Easy to chew and digestible fruit, served with Yoghurt.
- Third Option: From the leftovers, prepare bite-size beef or chicken, or mildly cooked vegetable.
Everyone wants their baby to excel and develop thoroughly during their formative years. The ideal meal and snack plan significantly assist in this growth. As a busy parent, it is difficult to find enough time to look at a different recipe each day.
Our expert recommendation is to take a print copy of the essentials and sticking it on the refrigerator. This way, you will comfortably recall the recipe without going through the internet.
Finally, if you have a doctor’s recommendation for a specific meal plan, then adhere to it strictly. The suggestions compiled above is generic, and it’s impossible to account for individual needs without extensive examination.