Every woman knows just how the use of shimmer powder is a boon today. It’s definitely a magical powder. It enhances the glow of your skin instantly and accentuates the entire look of your face. With a great quality shimmer powder, you can highlight any part of your body. Whether it is to accentuate your facial features, enhance your cleavage, legs, arms, or even your collarbone, just a bit of shimmer can do the magic.
However, the most common use of this powder is on the face. Through some smart ways, you can use this powder to complete your party look, an evening look, to stand out like a celebrity. In this post, we would like to give you a step-by-step guide on how you can achieve a glamorous look, but first, you have to choose the right shimmer powder.
Grab the Best Shimmer Powder
Do you have a tanned or dark skin tone? If you do, then you should go a golden or bronze shimmer, and this will blend perfectly well. If you have fair skin, then try out silver shimmers, which looks perfect, paired with a silver dress. However, you can try out shimmer powders from My Glamm, India’s one-stop online store for the best quality cosmetics. You can choose warm pink shimmers they have from top brands and rest assured, this goes well for all skin tones. Just choose a shimmer powder accordingly.
Steps to Applying Shimmer Powder on Your Face
Once you have a shimmer powder that blends perfectly with your skin tone, here are some steps on how you can apply it to your face to create a celebrity look.
- First, you should complete your makeup regimen. This means you should complete the application of a primer, face foundation, blusher, and eye makeup. Then, you should dab a small makeup brush into the shimmer powder. Blow or tap it lightly on the brush to get the excess powder off. A tip here is to choose from a pressed or loose powder.
- Smoothen out a fine layer of the powder on your brow bone; this is right under the eyebrow and slightly above the area where your eyelid creases naturally. Then sweep the makeup brush back and forth in a gentle way to blend in the shimmer powder.
- To highlight your eyes and make them appear bigger, tap a small amount of the powder on the inside of the eye corner, near the tear ducts.
- You can also dust some of the powder down the bridge of your nose in a fine line, which will give your nose a better definition.
- On your upper lips, apply a thin layer with your brush on your upper lip indentation, or the Cupid’s bow to give your lips a fuller look.
- To highlight your cheekbones, take some of the powder, use your two fingers, and apply it on the ridge of your cheekbones, under your eyes.
- Finally, you should apply some shimmer powder along your jawbone line, from earlobe to earlobe to enhance or give it a better definition and use a fixing powder to complete the look and keep the makeup in place.
So what are you waiting for, buy a shimmer powder and try these steps!