Roast Duck, Cherry & Couscous Salad
This quick and easy duck salad is perfect for a busy weeknight, with juicy orange flavours and the rich, savoury taste of duck.
- 420g pkt Luv-a-Duck ready roasted traditional duck breasts
- 125g pearl couscous
- 100g (1⁄2 cup) whole-wheat couscous
- 125ml (1⁄2 cup) boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 160g (1 cup) morello pitted cherries
- 2 oranges, segmented
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- cup fresh continental parsley leaves, chopped
- 40g (1⁄4 cup) pistachio kernels, toasted, chopped
- 3 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Preheat oven to 180ºC/160ºC fan forced. Place duck breasts on a lined tray. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice.
Cook pearl couscous in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 8 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water.
Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water and 1 teaspoon oil. Cover. Stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate grains.
Place combined couscous, cherries, orange segments, mint, parsley, pistachio kernels and shallots in a large bowl. Whisk remaining oil, orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar and mustard in a small bowl. Season. Add half the dressing to the couscous mixture. Toss to combine. Divide among plates. Top with the duck and pour over remaining dressing.