In 2007 an aspiring female artist blew up to the top of the billboard charts with her single “Pon De Replay” and quickly became a household name. With her edgy and unapologetic attitude, she took the pop industry by storm and cemented her legacy by dropping bangers such as Umbrella, Diamonds, Work, etc.
Rihanna is one of the highest-grossing singers of all time with fourteen number-one chartbusters in her career. She has been making headlines since the 2000’s era and is still churning out bangers.
Throughout her career, she has shared the spotlight with some of the most prominent names in the music industry, such as Eminem, Drake, Jay-z, and more. According to Forbes, she is the third highest-earning female singer of 2019 just behind Beyonce and Taylor Swift.
Rise To Fame
Robyn Rihanna Fenty was born and raised on the island of Barbados on February 20, 1988, life wasn’t that easy for the “umbrella” singer. While her mother was caring and supportive, her father was the opposite, he was a drunk and abusive drug addict.
This rough upbringing created mental and emotional problems for her at a young age, she suffered headaches and was labeled as a social outcast in her high school because of the mental strain put on her by her parents.
In her teenage years, she turned to music as an outlet to deal with her troubles at home and created an all-girl band with her high school friends.
Her career began to take off when she scored an audition for famed music producer Even Rodger, who later invited her to move to Connecticut to record her first album, an offer which she accepted without hesitation.
- Signs with Def jam, Jay-z’s record label in 2005.
- Debuts with “Music Of the Sun” which peaked at top ten on the Billboard 200.
- One year later, “S.O.S” her debut single reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100.
- “Umbrella” Was a game-changing track for Rihanna, making her a household name.
- Won her first grammy in 2008.
- Made her on-screen debut, featuring in the 2012 movie “Battleships.”
- Drops her first number one album, “Unapologetic.”
- Given the first-ever Icon Award, presented by the American Music Awards.
- Made the Creative director of puma in 2014.
- Rihanna Was made Humanitarian of the year in 2017.
- Launches “Fenty Beauty” in 2017.
Rihanna did not become the richest female singer in the world by her record sales alone, she launched her personal makeup brand “Fenty Beauty” in 2017, which gained popularity for being more inclusive of other skin tones, Rihanna felt that darker skin tones were not being adequately marketed towards.
Fact-Checking Rihanna’s Net Worth
Sources claim Forbes came up with Rihannas $600 Million dollars net worth out of nowhere, and the proper amount after cutting taxes is roughly $400 million dollars.
Rihanna’s Net Worth
Rihanna has cemented her name in the Pop industry, paving the way for other aspiring female artists to follow in her footsteps.
She came from humble beginnings from the island of Barbados and rose to stardom early on in her career and then worked hard to become a self-made millionaire all by the age of 32. Rihanna has a staggering net worth of $600 million, which makes her the richest female singer in the world.