Car Body Paint
If you own a car, then the things are certain that accidents may happen whether they are major or very minor ones as well. Many times, people inflict damages on their own cars themselves. Very often you might face tough times managing your car. Due to a minor accident, minor scratches or even due to bumping into another car, the body paint of the car might get disrupted. In that case, you need to repaint the dents and then repaint the vehicle.
In this article, we will discuss some important tips that will help you to understand and achieve a good car body paint repair.
How To Repair Car Body Paint If Damaged at Home, By Yourself?
Well, it might be a bit tricky at the beginning, but if you learn and pay attention to the techniques carefully, you will be able to repair your car body paint damage without any hassles. In the section coming up, we have some important tips for car body paint repair.
- The first and foremost thing which you must do before fixing the car paint is to wash your car thoroughly on the outside. Use a shampoo and a microfiber cloth to do the first step cleaning. So before you start car body paint repair, it is vital that you clean the car thoroughly to get rid of different dust and foreign objects. Many times, people forget to use sandpaper to tear off the existing paint, or the dilapidated portions of the car.
- After cleaning the whole vehicle, you will be able to view the damaged paint job easily and understand how deep it is. If it has only affected the primer, then it will be an easy job to tackle, or else if the scratch has penetrated to the metal or panel, then it will be tricky. Do the car body paint repair on your own only if you think you are confident and comfortable enough to do it.
- Now, cover a newspaper or any protective mask, around the dent or damaged paintwork to avoid spilling colors in unnecessary areas. Then choose the right color which you need to apply to repair the paintwork. For this, you can ask your car manufacturer or search the internet for the right color code of your vehicle.
- After you have chosen the right color, you will need to apply it to the damaged area. You can either spray the color or use a brush to wipe on it. Apply the color slowly and do not rush because it might result in the spill of excess colors over the area. Take small quantities at first and then increase it if needed. If you are using a brush, use a circular motion and slowly wipe the area. Then, let the color dry for 25-30 minutes.
- Apply a finish coat over the area which will retain back the glossy or matte finish like before. You can buy it from any automobile care shop and apply it just like you applied the color and let it dry for another 30 minutes. Once the coat has dried up, you can also flatten the area by using a grit wet or normal sandpaper. This helps the area to blend well with the overall finish of the car and completely hides any car body paint repair.
So here are the important steps that you can follow to make sure that you do the car body paint repair in the right way. If you are unaware of the DIY methods of painting your car body then you can instantly hire the professionals to get the finest repainting done on your car body.