Benefits of Lime
Lime is a fruit that is known to everyone. Many of its useful properties are known. And no one needs to be reminded about tea with Lime, which has long become a traditional drink in our country. In addition to the fact that it has medicinal properties and is used for colds, tea with Lime is very tasty.
Lime, like other citrus fruits (oranges, tangerines), botanists are considered to be, so-called, rut plants.
In our country, a Lime came a long time ago from India, where mainly grew at the foot of the Himalayas, and Southeast Asia.
To date, Limes are grown on the coast of the Black Sea, in Central Asia and the Caucasus. But it can be grown at home.
Tree’s, on which Limes grow, live about 40 years, bloom in spring and ripen until summer.
We want to acquaint you with the many useful properties of this delicious and famous fruit, many of which some do not even guess.
Useful properties of Lime are of great importance in human health:
- This bitter fruit has a strong antiseptic property. Juice is recommended for atherosclerosis, metabolic disorders, febrile conditions, hemorrhoids. You can drink it by adding juice in half a glass of hot water, two or three times a day, or use for salad dressings from fresh vegetables, without adding salt (only to press juice into salads and other dishes should be used only before consumption, and not for long harm to the feast).
- In inflammatory diseases of the mucous membrane of the mouth and pharynx, it is useful to rinse with Lime juice, diluted in water from the calculation of half a fruit to half a cup of water. It is also applied externally in fungal diseases of the skin.
- Leaves of Lime tree are used to relieve heat.
- Also this wonderful fruit increases appetite, helps digestion, helps lower blood cholesterol levels and eases colic and cramps.
- With the help of yellow fruit, the production of enzymes and digestive juices contained in the mucous membrane of the stomach is stimulated, as a result – the body begins to better absorb iron and calcium.
- Lime crust has a lot of useful properties from the headache: clean the fresh crust of white matter, attach it to the temple with a damp side and hold it for 10-15 minutes. After that, a red spot can form, which will burn and itch. The headache will soon pass.
- With a beginning angina, slow chewing of dried peel of raw fruit will help, after which you can not eat and drink for an hour. During this time, essential oils and citric acid have a beneficial effect on the inflamed mucous membranes of the throat. This procedure is repeated after 3 hours.
- With leg cramps, it is useful to lubricate the soles of the feet with fresh fruit juice, in the morning and in the evening. Do not wipe off anything, and after drying, immediately wear socks. Repeat the procedure for 2 weeks.
- Useful properties of the fruit against calluses: Rape your legs before going to bed, tie the corn with the pulp of Lime to the corn. Repeat the procedure for 2-3 more days, then rip off the legs and gently remove the corn.
Treatment with Lime:
The Remedy for Worms:
You need to take a Lime, peel it off and chop it. To this mass, add seeds and pulp of Lime. Pour all 1 cup of boiling water. Then add a teaspoon of honey and leave for 2 hours to insist. After you strain the finished medicine, it can be used before bedtime as a vomiting agent.
Lime From Rheumatism:
This medicine is easy to prepare. For him, take 4 Limes and 3 heads of garlic, pour all 1 liter of boiling water and insist 24 hours. If you strain the finished medicine, you need to take it 50 grams before meals three times a day.
Face mask with dry skin made from Lime:
It is necessary to take 1 teaspoon of Lime juice and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey. In this mass, add 1 tablespoon of ready-made and still warm oatmeal. The resulting mask is applied to the face, held for 10 minutes and then rinsed off with warm water.
Lime Oil for Colds or Flu:
To make it, you need to take one Lime with a zest and scald it with boiling water. Next, skip the Lime through a meat grinder and add to it 100 grams of softened butter with 1 tablespoon of honey. We mix everything well and use it instead of butter for sandwiches. In winter time, you need to eat this oil at least 6 times a day, beforehand, smearing a piece of black bread.
Lime with sore throat:
Take a quarter of a Lime and squeeze out the juice from it. Connect it to 150 ml of water and rinse the throat with this solution every hour for two days. This solution destroys germs and removes inflammation.
Juice with Bronchitis:
You need to mix the juice, squeezed out of three Limes, with 50 grams of grated horseradish. Ready juice is taken by 1 teaspoon several times a day. The medicine can not be drunk or seized.
The medicine for angina pectoris:
Take 1 Lime and squeeze juice from it, to it we will add juice from two leaves of an aloe and half a kilogram of honey. All should be transferred to the dishes and put in the fridge for a week. Take the medicine you need 1 hour before eating 1 tablespoon three times a day.
Infusion with hypertension:
It is prepared as follows: you need to take 3 Limes and 5 heads of garlic and put everything in a three-liter bottle, and then pour water to the top. As soon as the mixture comes to the surface of the water, you need to wait two days, and when the mixture settles to the bottom, the infusion is ready. Take infusion of 100 ml in the morning.